Participation in scouting & guiding is one of the Fundamental Principles of HSGA, yet millions of young people around the country have no access to scouts & guides activity facilities. It is with this in mind – and its philosophy that Scouting & Guiding should be a vehicle for advancing human, social and economic development – which HSGA is embarking on a programme to provide multi-Activities programme in the country.
MEMBERSHIP is open to boys and girls over the age of 6 years and to adults who accept the Aims and Methods and who make the Scout/Guide or Cub/Bulbul Promise, Scout/Guide Groups form the basic unit at which the majority of our members operate.
Each Group can consist of up to three branches - Cub Pack/Bulbul Folk, Scout Troop/Guide Company and Rover Crew/Ranger Team, catering for the following ages:
- Praveshika, 3 months
- Rajat Kiran, 6 months
- Swarn Kiran 6 months
- Heerak Kiran 9 months.
- Rajya Puraskar 7 months.
- Praveshika 3 months.
- Komal Pad 6 months.
- Dhruv Pad 9 months
- Guru Pad 9 months
- Rajya Puraskar 12 months
- President Award 6 months
- Extra Proficiency Badges (Extra)
- Aspirant (INVESTITURED)
a) Praveshika Rover/Ranger 3 months.
- IN TRAINING
b) Rajat Sitara, 6 months.
c) Swarn Sitara, 9 months
d) Heerak Sitara 12 months
- President Rover/Ranger Award, 12 months
- Rover/Ranger Proficiency Badges. IN SERVICE (as a member) 10 yrs. 25-35 yrs.
- All Faith Meditation
- Character Development
- Fun in Action
- Outdoor Adventure
- Training in Leadership
- Active Service to others
- Learning useful Skills Spiritual growth
- Citizenship and involvement in the Community
- Sound Physical and Mental Health
- Education for Life
- Teamwork and Friendships
- Accepting Responsibility
- Understanding and Caring for the Environment
- Building self-confidence to meet Challenges
- Stimulating Respect for Self and others